It was my reunion last weekend at good old Arden Hills. Many of my close friends did not come, but it was a trip to see those who did. It was just like stepping back in time. What is so weird is that when you have a history of friendship with someone, things just fall right back into an old familiar and comfortable rhythm when you are together, even if you don't see them often. All the girls look the same and many were still single. (Patrick said, "These girls are not like the ones who went to my high school in Wisconsin!" Good Ole Cali.) The boys were a little balder and a little rounder and many were married. I found that most of us who expanded our dating pool outside of California were married. And my husband was by far the most handsome (even though he shaved his head right before the big event and I almost had to kill him), but I am biased!
Monday, October 20, 2008
High School Reunion
It was my reunion last weekend at good old Arden Hills. Many of my close friends did not come, but it was a trip to see those who did. It was just like stepping back in time. What is so weird is that when you have a history of friendship with someone, things just fall right back into an old familiar and comfortable rhythm when you are together, even if you don't see them often. All the girls look the same and many were still single. (Patrick said, "These girls are not like the ones who went to my high school in Wisconsin!" Good Ole Cali.) The boys were a little balder and a little rounder and many were married. I found that most of us who expanded our dating pool outside of California were married. And my husband was by far the most handsome (even though he shaved his head right before the big event and I almost had to kill him), but I am biased!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment